Tuesday 22 January 2013

phew

I got the Uzbek visa for March 1st. In a deluge of contradictory and well-intentioned misinformation about extending my Iranian visa I opted for a train ticket to Isfahan to save a few days safety margin. The train company insisted on separating me and my bicycle by five days and a few minutes decisiveness saw me booking a very reasonable 300 mile taxi instead. Nice to jump out of character now and then. In the foreign ministry police station this morning I argued, pleaded and succeeded a visa extension until March 2nd. Supposing my man in Mashaad arranges a 5 day Turkmen transit pass I'll actually be able to leave the country! I'll worry about the Tajiks and their impossible letter requirements in Tashkent. It is already warmer, looking bright. The plan now is to bomb all the way South for the coast (pedaling now), holiday along it a bit then back up again. Keep you posted.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment